1. The film competition is open to new or established film and TV production companies, as well as independent filmmakers, from anywhere in the world. Eligible are documentaries that focus on the themes of nature/wildlife/people/environment/sustainability.
Productions submitted for the International Competition must have been completed after 1 January 2020. In the Short Film category, there is no restriction on the film’s completion date. For the NaturVision Baden-Württemberg Film Award, entries can date back to January 2010.
2. Films can be entered for one or more categories on the application form. Please note that there are separate entry forms for the NaturVision Short Film Award and the NaturVision Baden-Württemberg Film Award. The jury reserves the right to change the entrant’s choice of category. The entry fee for the first category is €40, for each additional category €20. The entry fee applies per film and is payable on submission of the film. For pupils and students, there is no entry fee for the NaturVision Newcomer Award. Written proof of school/student status must be enclosed.
There is also no entry fee for the Short Film Award and the NaturVision Baden-Württemberg Film Award.
The completed registration form must be submitted by the registration deadline at the latest.
We must receive the following at the latest by 03 February 2021 and accordingly by 15 February 2021:
- A preview copy on a USB stick or as a downloadable file (not online streaming), without watermark or timecode
- A 50-80-word synopsis of the film (as the basis for the film’s description in the NaturVision programme catalogue)
- A minimum of three good photos from the production (1500 pixel on the large side); by submitting these photos, entrants are granting publication rights for the photos to NaturVision for promotional and/or illustrative purposes (print and Web)
- For registration for the "NaturVision Film Music Award": Please attach a list of the music, showing clearly who created which pieces and where they occur in the film.
- Press clippings and a press kit, where applicable
- Written proof of student status, where applicable
Please send the enclosures, e.g. photos, texts, in digital form (by e-mail or e.g. WeTransfer). None of the registration will be returned. All enclosures are mandatory and must be included for an entry to be complete. All submissions must be sent prepaid; C.O.D. shipments will not be accepted. The Festival management will not assume responsibility for, nor will it accept shipments which incur expenses for shipping, customs duties, taxes or other charges.
3. Entrants automatically consent to their productions being added to the NaturVision archive.
4. Competition entrants automatically consent to the submitted film being shown at the NaturVision Film Festival. Furthermore they agree that clips of up to three minutes from each submitted production may be used free of charge for the purpose of promoting the Festival (on the radio/TV/Internet).
5. The Festival also includes the NaturVision School Programme, the NaturVision Film Festival in Vimperk (Czech Republic) as well as supporting events at which individual films are shown in order to promote the Festival. Furthermore, in collaboration with various institutions, we hold “Best Of NaturVision” events, at which primarily the winners of the competition as well as outstanding films from the programme are shown. The aim of these events is not only to promote the NaturVision Film Festival, but above all to provide a forum for the genre of nature, wildlife and environmental films that will open up new audiences.
Both these events and the Festival are non-commercial. By registering for the competition, entrants consent to their submitted film also being shown at these events.
6. There will be no remuneration for the showing of the films at our events (as described above).
7. The Festival undertakes to use the submitted films only for the purposes stated in the regulations. Any other use not mentioned in these Conditions of Participation will be agreed with the entrant.
8. By submitting the film and returning the registration form for the NaturVision Film Festival competition, the entrant confirms that they possess all the rights necessary for their film to be screened at a film festival. They affirm that its use does not infringe any copyrights or performance rights of third parties. The entrant also affirms that they are satisfied that all other persons involved in the production are agreeable to its participation in the Festival.
9. If your submitted film is selected for the programme or the competition, we will contact you to request a screening copy.
10. The “NaturVision Competition” awards prizes in various categories. The winners are chosen by an independent jury of experts, which is recast each year based on suggestions by the Festival management. The decisions of the jury are final.
11. Various prize monies will be awarded to the winners. The respective amounts and the endowed categories may vary and are dependent on the funds raised by the current Festival.
12. By submitting a film, you agree to abide by these regulations. In the event of exceptions or any cases not specified here, the Festival management has the final decision. In case of doubt, the German version of the regulations will apply.
13. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Ludwigsburg.
14. For more information, contact:
Please e-mail to Franziska Foerstner
Tel +49 – 7141 992248-0
Fax +49 – 7141 992248-13
NaturVision reserves the right to rule on all issues not expressly covered in this document.
Ludwigsburg, 11. September 2020